Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cake Spotlight - Peter Rabbit Cake

We decided on the Cakes & More Forum, that every couple of months we would spotlight one of the cakes that had been posted in the gallery. We take the two most viewed, and the two most commented on and let the board decide with a vote.

The first cake up is a beautiful Peter Rabbit Cake that just exudes beautifully that Beatrix Potter feel, and transport you back to your childhood!

This beautiful cake is an 8 inch round fruit cake covered in marzipan and then white sugarpaste (equivalent of fondant in Oz). The board is 14 inches and also covered in white sugarpaste.

The cake is based on a Debbie Brown design.

The animal figures are made from modelling paste and hand painted with a mixture of food colour and water.

The backgrounds are hand painted with a mixture of food colour mixed with cooled boiled water used to create the stunning water colour effect.

The cake was made by one of our English Cakes & More members, Flirtygirty, who made the cake for her Godson as his Christening gift.

We would like to thank Flirtygirty for sharing this beautiful gift with us!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this cake is absolutely stunning. :) I stumbled upon this website while looking for a Peter Rabbit cake for my daughter's 2nd birthday.... and I have to say yours was by far the best as compared to the ones I have seen recently. :) :)
Well done !!